Need not worry about blue button stranding in Girgaum beach: Pradip Patade
Tourists and regular visitors at Girgaum Chowpatty beach were left stunned on Wednesday evening as almost over one thousand blue buttons had washed ashore. Marine experts say that people need not panic as these are not dangerous like the jelly fish or blue bottles (‘Portuguese Man O’ War) known for their venomous sting.
As per marine biologists, blue buttons or porpita porpita are not jelly fish, but colonies of polyps living on the surface of water. Their sting is not powerful and might only affect those with some allergies.