How to Lodge a Civic Complaint?

Citizens can lodge complaints related to solid waste management, drainage, storm water drain, roads & traffic, factories, license issues, water supply, pest control, buildings, encroachment, etc., by the methods enlisted below.

The City is divided into 24 Municipal Wards each having a Ward Office. Every Ward Office has a CFC (Citizen Facilitation Centre), where civic complaints concerning that particular Ward can be lodged.

Citizens may lodge their complaints with the concerned Assistant Commissioner of the Ward, or with the Complaints Officer at the CFC, they may also lodge the complaint by calling on the Helpline number, 1916.

The complaint must be lodged in the form of a letter, unless it is lodged on the Helpline number. The complaint is then added to the system. The respective department acknowledges the complaint and takes necessary action.


Source: This information was obtained from the MCGM publications.