Suits and Proceedings that can be Filed in a Family Court


Suits and Proceedings that can be filed in a Family Court:

a. For Declaring a marriage to be null and void, restitution of conjugal rights or judicial separation or dissolution of marriage

b. For A declaration as to the validity of a marriage or as to the matrimonial status of any person

c. For Disputes concerning property between married parties

d. For An order or injunction in circumstances arising out of a marital relationship;

e. For A declaration as to the legitimacy of any person

f. For Maintenance

g. For Guardianship of the person or the custody of, or access to, any minor.



Appeals shall lie from every judgement or order, not being an interim order of a Family Court to the High Court within 30 days from the judgement or order of the Court.



This information has been provided by ALMT Legal.