What is the Pothole Reporting Application of the MCGM?
The Citizens of Mumbai can now report their inconveniences and problems related to potholes by simply downloading a Pothole Reporting Application initiated by the MCGM, to bring transparency into its operations, as regards pothole reporting.
The Pothole Tracking Application is a Web-GIS based system to track potholes. With this application Citizens can report potholes online. Users can upload pothole photos and its information by using an Android mobile phone and Geotagged application in GPS settings.
After uploading the image, users get an SMS notifying them about the status of the reported pothole. The Moderation Team of MCGM approves the reported pothole and then allocates the Sub Engineer (SE) of the department through an SMS and e-mail.
Citizens can check the status of their reported pothole by using MCGM’s portal http://portal.mcgm.gov.in and www.voiceofcitizen.com and for queries they can send an email on email@example.com.
Every Citizen irrespective to whichever MCGM ward they belong to, can use this application with their Android enabled mobile phone as well as GPS based mobile devices.
To get this Application on your Android mobile phone, enter the Url www.voiceofcitizen.com in the browser address bar to download the Application. Click the Download Andriod Mobile Application link on the webpage. It will download the Android mobile application for pothole tracking.
After installation, the pothole tracking application will open and a Capture button will appear. Clicking on the Capture button will open the mobile phone’s camera window. After capturing the image of the concerned pothole, the application automatically shows the GPS position of the pothole on Google maps.
Now choose the details of the pothole from the provided options and submit your e-mail id or mobile number. Details of the pothole will be sent to the concerned department. Citizens will immediately receive an SMS and e-mail about the reported pothole.
The following are the operations that a Citizen can perform as a Guest on the website regarding potholes – http://www.voiceofcitizen.com:
- Citizens can search MCGM wards (Searched wards show as red marked areas)
- Citizens can see reported potholes by checking the “New Reported pothole” checkbox. It will show new reported potholes on Google maps. New reported pothole will be marked with Red Markers
- Citizens can also search for New Reported Potholes by entering the pothole number (which would have been given to them). It will show searched potholes on Google maps and the pothole info like the Pothole Number, Image, Title and Subtitle in pop-up window. it also shows Ward Name, Reported Date, Planned Date (if planned). It allows Citizens to submit Feedback about the pothole. After submitting the feedback an SMS and e-mail notification is sent to the concerned department.
- Citizens can see Planned Potholes by checking the “Planned Pothole” checkbox. Planned Potholes will be marked with Yellow Markers on Google maps. Citizens can see Planned Pothole info by clicking on planned pothole marker, and can also submit feedback about the pothole. After submitting the feedback, an SMS and e-mail notification will be sent to the concerned department.
- Citizens can see Attended Potholes by checking the “Attended Pothole” checkbox. Attended Pothole will be marked with Blue Markers on Google maps. Citizens can see Attended Pothole info by clicking on Attended pothole markers, and can also submit feedback about the pothole. After submitting the feedback, an SMS and e-mail notification will be sent to the concerned department.
- Citizens can see Closed Potholes by checking the “Closed Pothole” checkbox. Closed Potholes will be marked with Green Markers on Google maps. Citizen can see Closed Pothole info by clicking on Closed Pothole markers, and can also submit feedback about the pothole. After submitting the feedback, an SMS and e-mail notification will be sent to the concerned department.
With this Application, the Citizens of Mumbai can work with the MCGM to free Mumbai from one of its biggest and most persistent problems.
Source: This information was obtained from http://www.voiceofcitizen.com/
Tags: Civic Services