How to get an International Driving Permit?
If you wish to drive in any foreign country you are required to get an International Driving Permit (IDP). The IDP is valid in such countries that India is a signatory with under the UN convention.
The Following are Required Documents for obtaining an International Driving Permit (IDP):
1. Valid Driving License along with certified copies
2. Passport along with certified copies
3. Visa along with certified copies
4. Medical Certificate in Form 1a
5. Payment of prescribed fees (at present Rs.500/- only)
Procedure for application for an International Driving Permit (IDP):
1. The Applicant should submit the application to the RTO in whose jurisdiction he or she stays.
2. The International Driving Permit (IDP) Form is to be collected from the Head Clerk, MDL at the RTO.
3. In case the Applicant’s address is changed, it is advisable to get the necessary changes done regarding the applicant’s address on the Motor Driving License before submitting the application for IDP.
3. The applicant is then required to appear before Licensing Authority for the grant of the International Driving Permit (IDP).
To download Form 1a click here.
Source: This information was obtained from http://mahatranscom.in/