The Lok Sabha and Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha Elections are due this year.
The Election Commission of India had undertaken a Special Summary Revision Drive, from 1st September 2018 to 31st October 2018. However, should you have missed the deadline for Summary Revision (31st October 2018), or if any of your family members’ names are not mentioned in the Voter List, you may still follow the same process as mentioned below.
All Indian Citizens who are 18 years of age (or above), on 1st January 2019 should register themselves as Voters, in case they haven’t already done so.
This also includes Persons with Disabilities, as well as those who are in the category of Third Gender.
Those who are already registered and have been issued Voter ID Cards, should also verify if their names still appear, as the Election Commission has recently “cleaned up” the Electoral Rolls and some genuine voter profiles may have been inadvertently removed.
Please note that simply possessing a Voter ID Photo Card does not mean that you can vote! Your name MUST be on the Electoral (Voter) Roll, if it’s not there, you will NOT be able to vote.
Mumbai City area is covered under 2 Districts: Mumbai City and Mumbai Suburbs. Each District is further divided into Assembly Constituencies (for Vidhan Sabha) and Parliamentary Constituencies (for Lok Sabha). To view the list of Constituencies, click here.
To know more about the Electronic Voting Machines (EVM), and the Voter Verification Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) that will be fully implemented in Lok Sabha Elections for the first time, you may click here.
To check if your name already appears in the Draft Electoral list, there are 2 ways to do so:
- Click here and enter your Full Name or your Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) Number. The results will also give you the name of your Assembly Constituency and Parliamentary Constituency
- Click here and search Your Name by “Name Wise” or “ID Card Wise”
Registering as a NEW voter
If you are registering for the first time, there are 3 ways to do so:
- Visit the nearest Voters Help Centre (VHC) and submit the Form and attachments
- Submit the Forms and attachments to your Co-operative Housing Society
- Go online at www.nvsp.in, fill the Form and upload the attachments
To know more details visit the guide on How to Register Yourself as a Voter
The Forms and attachments to be submitted are as follows. For more instructions, please view our guide here:
- Form No. 6 (download from here)
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Residence
- Latest Passport Size Photographs (2 nos)
The following documents will be accepted:
- For Proof of Age (any ONE):
Birth Certificate, Mark sheet of Class 10/8/5, Indian Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI
- For Proof of Residence (any ONE):
Indian Passport, Driving License, Bank/Kisan/Post Office current Pass Book, Ration Card, Income Tax Assessment Order, Rent Agreement, Water Bill, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Gas Connection Bill, Post/Letter/Mail delivered through Indian Postal Department.
(Please submit different documents – for proof of age and for proof of residence. Just one document will not be accepted as proof for both).
- Form 6A: For including the name of an overseas elector.
- Form 7: For raising an objection to somebody’s name or for deletion of his/her or any other person’s name.
- Form 8: For modification of any detail, such as First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, House Number, Age, Sex, EPIC Number, etc.
- Form 8A: Change of residence within the SAME constituency. (If it is change of residence to ANOTHER constituency, then Form 6 is to be filled again)
Please note the Helpline Numbers of Mumbai City 022 22631950, Mumbai Suburban 022 26400171, Thane 022 25344143, Palghar 025 25297250
Toll Free number 1800 22 1950 or just 1950
In case you need further clarifications or have a question, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to resolve your issue.