Super Foods: Interesting Facts About Foods We Eat Every Day!
The world is blessed with an array of gifts. These gifts are in the form of resources that are naturally available in the world. Food that is naturally available or grown in the soil is filled with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
The following are a few examples of some fruits and vegetables filled with vitamins and mineral:
• Cabbage is a powerful antioxidant, which means it helps to prevent cancer.
• Cabbage is great for detox – it helps to purify the blood and remove wastes like free radicals and uric acid, which can otherwise cause rheumatism, gout, arthritis, renal calculi, skin diseases, and eczema.
• Potatoes are also known to reduce depression and cardiac risk, and protect the liver from damage.
• A great energy-source, potatoes are one of the best post-work-out meals!
3) Moong dal (Green Gram)
• An excellent source of protein in vegetarian diets, moong dal lowers blood pressure and improves immunity.
• Moong dal is good for diabetics and the fibre in these lentils helps decrease high cholesterol.
• The phosphorus in almonds helps build strong bones and teeth.
• Almonds help in weight maintenance by being able to block the body’s absorption of calories, making them the ultimate weight-loss friendly snack.
• Phytonutrients in apple are known to be good for brain functioning and have anti-ageing properties too.
• Apples reduce macular degeneration and have anti-asthma benefits.
• The fruit is known to strengthen gums which keep the teeth healthy and strong.
• Pineapple has anti-inflammatory properties – it can alleviate arthritis pain to a great extent!
Food that is naturally available or grown is comprehensively better and much more nutritious than processed food and must be incorporated in your diet to ensure a healthier life.
This information has been provided by Healthspring Community Medical Centres.
Tags: Healthy Food